Wearing a bow tie is always an interesting and non-ordinary decision. That doesn't make it a crazy decision, but it does make it a decision that is worth thinking at least twice.
Usually, a man wears a bow tie to make a statement in his look.
A man should remember that a bow tie can be a topic of a conversation or the center of attention. The bow tie a man chooses can say a lot about his character and his personality. So, it is very important for a man to make appropriate choices about the style and pattern of his bow tie. Wearing a bow tie a man demonstrates a defiant playful, sort of confidence. It seems to draw attention not only to the face but to a man at all.
And here are all the main styles of bow ties that the VABIEN store has and every man should be acquainted with them:
- The Classic, or the thistle shape, as it is also known, is the up to date bow tie. Actually, this style is the commonly known and most popular. This style of bow ties is a versatile one as it goes for almost every occasion. It fits almost all face shapes. If a man is just getting acquainted with the world of bow ties, this style is the most suitable and can be an important part of a man’s wardrobe. It is often worn with a tuxedo or with very formal outfits.
- The Slim, it is also known as a straight bow tie. Actually, it is the smallest in height. What is interesting, Don Corleone from The Godfather is known for the bow tie of this shape. Slim bow ties usually provide a man with a modern and elegant look. Though the bow tie of this style is less formal than the classic one, it goes perfectly for black tie events.
- The Diamond Point - the edges of the bow tie are pointed so that remind a diamond shape. Having an asymmetric look, the bow tie adds more, personality to a self-tied bow tie. Though this style is not often seen, it is still very fashionable, elegant and pretty.
- The Rounded Club - the edges of the bow tie are rounded. This style is so unique and specific.
By the way, if a man chooses this style of a bow tie is more about peculiar taste than constant rules.
The classic type of a bow tie is the self-tied or a freestyle bow tie. Most men prefer a self-tied bow tie. The bow tie comes untied and a man should tie it himself. When it is tied it looks so casually with its slight asymmetry that adds some quirkiness and attractiveness.
Why do men prefer a self-tied bow tie?
- First, wearing a bow tie is a strong statement. Therefore, a man who decides to wear a bow tie should spend his time and efforts to learn how to tie a bow knot.
- Second, it is easy to adjust the width of the bow tie edges to match a man's face. As too wide or too narrow width will look unattractive. So a man should have a sense of fashion in order not to look ridiculous and clumsy.
- Third, a bow tie should never be tied to look absolutely symmetrical. Preferably, a man is to tie his bow tie with a bit of indifference, meaning deliberately off-kilter with one end a little bit longer than the other, one side higher than the other, or a loose or a tight knot to achieve the bow tie’s fulfillment.
A man can have picked out the excellent ensemble, but no outfit is finished without the proper accessories. A bow tie can be an excellent accessory! Wearing a bow tie, a man exudes elegance and sophistication. He is a man who is not afraid to be daring. The right bow tie can adjust a man's outfit from unimaginative to confident.
At the VABIEN bow tie store, every man can choose a bow tie of any style according to the occasion, his mood or temperament.